We have been proudly serving Jacksonville and surrounding areas including Ponte Vedra Beach, St. Augustine, St. Johns, Orange Park, Fleming Island, Middleburg, Fernandina Beach, and the Amelia Island region since 2015.
Owner & Manager
Michael Wood is the lead inspector and co-owner at Jacksonville Chimney Pros. He is currently a Master Hearth Professional with the National Fireplace Institute, a Certified Chimney Sweep with the Chimney Safety Institute of America, a State of Florida Certified Home Inspector, and holds several other certifications to help maintain the highest level of industry knowledge and protection for his clients. Michael has performed over six thousand inspections to date and is very passionate about sharing his knowledge with others.
Michael has lived in Jacksonville since 2010 and enjoys hiking, traveling, boating, and spending time with his wife and daughter.
Certified Chimney SweeperLaura is fairly new to the industry but quickly becoming familiar with the ins and outs of the business. She is currently a Certified Chimney Sweep with the Chimney Institute of America and is studying to become a Master Hearth Professional with the National Fireplace Institute. She will also continue to pursue other certifications that will benefit her career. Her ability to handle diverse roles within the company allows her to understand and solve customer needs.Laura was born and raised on the Westside. She is a Christian, wife, mother and a foodie (especially for local spots). She loves to exercise, travel, sing in the car, go out with friends and stay home with her golden retriever and chickens.
The Chimney Safety Institute of America recommends that open masonry fireplaces should be swept at 1/8″ of sooty buildup, and sooner if there is any glaze present in the system. This is considered to be enough fuel buildup to cause a chimney fire capable of damaging the chimney or spreading to the home. Factory-built fireplaces should be swept when any appreciable buildup occurs. The logic is that the deposit is quite acidic and can shorten the life of the fireplace.